I've decided the following things matter in today's paper:
- Too many people died in an earthquake.
- The war continues in Iraq.
- Warner Robins Little Leaguers are in the World Series.
- There was an ad for The Smile Train. They raise money to fix kids' cleft lips and palates. The before pictures are not easy to look at.
And the following things do not:
- Jack Ellis (though Amy wrote a funny and thoughtful post).
I'd be happy to hear some other people's thoughts today, and promise to post comments here on the front page if you want. My best to you and yours.
UPDATE FROM THE COMMENTS:
From my good friend Nick: "There are far more important things in the world than a lame duck Mayor and an insane dictator."